What are Book Looks?
Book Looks are a quick and easy to use reading comprehension activity. The tri-fold, or brochure, layout makes it easy for students to manage the tasks within the activity. Book Looks aren’t “just another worksheet.”
Why use Book Looks?
Book Looks are fun for students and easy for teachers. Just print, fold, and go!
Book Looks are comprehensive reading activities!
Each Book Look includes:
– a crossword puzzle with Tier 2 vocabulary words from the story
– comprehension questions
– critical thinking questions with text connections
– a section for students to redesign the book’s cover
– a section for students to generate their own questions of increasing difficulty
– For teachers: general information about the book including reading level as well as an answer key
When do you use Book Looks?
These quick checks for comprehension can be used anytime before, during, or after reading!
Use them as an anticipation guide before reading. Use them as a comprehension companion to guide critical thinking during reading, or use them as a measure of comprehension after reading.
Book Looks work well as an independent activity during reading rotations. They can also be used to guide a small-group book study.
Who uses Book Looks?
So far, most of the Book Looks are geared toward first, second, and third grade students. However, they would be great for upper elementary students who are reading below level or even kinders who are ahead of the game!
How can you get Book Looks?
Book Looks are available in my TPT store.
Book Looks are available individually, series bundles, or a mega bundle that includes all titles.